Javscript/React.js Engineer (m/w/x)
- Bonn, Germany (Up to 80% remote work possible)
- 24-40 hours a week
- European Citizen (EU Work permit)
- Paid Relocation
We are enabling thousands of developers and sysadmins to find and fix performance bottlenecks, errors and exceptions in their PHP web applications.
This job is technically challenging with a high variety of different technologies and tasks.
Tideways is a self-funded company and growing from customer revenue alone. We focus on the long term and sustainability.
This role requires a basic understanding of a variety of different skills, but you don't have to be an expert in one of them to be a good fit. A good candidate has a combined experience of all these skills spanning 4 or more years, but may have only worked with a lot of them for only a few months.
have at least some familiarity with frameworks such as React.js/Redux, Angular.js, Vue.js
are comfortable with speaking and writing English fluently and already speak German or are willing to learn German to reach the European CEFR level B2.
We consider it a bonus if:
- You are familiar with Linux, network programming and systems administration.
- You have basic experience with automated testing and continuous integration.
- You have used configuration management software (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt) and maybe even worked with Docker/Container/Kubernetes before
- know a little PHP or Go
You should live in the larger Bonn/Cologne area or like to relocate with our support. We can only consider applications that are EU residents or have a valid EU working visa.
About the Job
Tideways is built on a modern programming stack using languages, tools and development processes such as:
- monolithic backend application written in PHP 7 and Symfony framework
- MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcache databases and Beanstalkd as a queue
- Go services that run on our customer machines and on our own cluster of 14 servers.
- Low overhead profiler and tracer for the PHP programming language written as a C extension.
- Github and Git
- monorepo with currently 10+ different components
- Buildkite for CI and automated testing
- Ansible for configuration management
- Vagrant and Docker for development and testing
The Tideways team is small and currently consists of 5 people, so your work will be highly visible and high impact for our customers directly from the begnning.
Our engineering team is directly responsible for operating Tideways in production and responding to incidents. We have a 1 week / month on-call rotation, and we invest significant work in reliability so that we don't actually get paged. We also work with a highly specialized hosting company who have our back 24/7.
Work at Tideways is usually quiet and productive. We don't work in sprints, because we don't like to sweat all the time. Instead we plan ahead 2 months and take our time to get work done. We rarely work overtime and if it is necessary you can immediately take time off the next day or week to reach a balance.
For this particular job we are offering to pay between 52.000 € to 66.000 € based on experience and skills.
See our careers page for a list of all the benefits that we provide for employees.
If this job offer sounds interesting to you, please apply to [email protected] with:
- a letter of motivation in German or English
- your CV
- your earliest possible starting date