Are you excited by performance optimization, profiling, and dev-ops tools? Do you love that endorphine rush when you found and fixed a hidden bottleneck? You can help us build our product Tideways and improve our Profiling, Monitoring and Exception Tracking features for thousands of developers and customers with the goal of a faster and less buggy web.
- have at least some familiarity with frameworks such as React.js/Redux, Angular.js, Vue.js
- are comfortable with speaking and writing English fluently and already speak German or are willing to learn German to reach the European CEFR level B2.
- are excited by the idea to work on developer tooling in the monitoring and profiling space with other developers being the customers and users of your code.
We consider it a bonus if you:
- have experience with testing code
- know a little PHP or Go
- have worked and administered Linux systems
- have worked with Ansible, Vagrant or Docker
You should live in the larger Bonn/Cologne area or like to relocate with our support. We can only consider applications that are EU residents or have a valid EU working visa.
About the Job
As features in our application usually touch a large stack of various technologies, you might need to step outside your comfort zone every now and then by reading, integrating with and even writing PHP or Go code.
You check in code to our Git mono-repository, and create, review and follow-up through Github pull requests.
We schedule work in 2 month intervals to allow ample preparation and in-depth work on tasks. Communication and planing is mostly done through Basecamp Message Boards, Todolists and Github issues.
Senior engineers take turns being on-call a week every month, but we can count the number of times on one hand that anyone one of us had to react outside of working hours in the last year.
As a company focussed on customers, everyone occasionally helps with customer support through our e-mail support system HelpScout.
Tideways is a Software-As-a-Service (SaaS) product. Our customers are development, engineering and operations teams that want insights into the performance of their PHP applications in production, staging and development environments. Our core functionality is profiling, monitoring and exception tracking.
The company is 3,5 years old, self-funded and growing from customer revenue alone. Our team is currently 5 people strong and our goal is building a sustainable, long-term business.
Our software is continuously integrated, automatically tested and we use Github Pull Requests to review all each others code. Our tech-stack consists of PHP 7, Symfony, MySQL, Beanstalkd, Elasticsearch, Redis, Golang, Typescript, React.js, Redux.
For this particular job we are offering to pay between 52.000 € to 72.000 € based on experience and skills.
You have the flexibility to choose your own working hours throughout the day. Our work week has 40 hours maximum and overtime is usually the absolute exception. No vacation days are necessary to run errands, and there is no need to wait until after work to take care of a private emergency.
Our benefits include:
- 30 days of paid vacation
- summer hours where we work only 80% of the time (at 100% of the pay) for three months
- home-office / remote-work for a few days every week
- VRS jobticket and Bahncard
- Betriebliche Altersvorsorge (company pension), daycare bill or other available tax benefits
- learning budget (conferences across Europe, books, workshops, video-trainings)
- switch between full- and part-time in both directions possible
- quiet office environment with few interruptions and minimal meetings
- free water, coffee and tea
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this job sounds interesting to you, please send a letter of motivation, CV and your earliest possible starting date to [email protected] until October 31st, 2018. Do you still have a question? Feel free to send us an e-mail and we will reply as quickly as possible or call +49 228 38758328.