We build and sell the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product Tideways. Our software provides application performance management, exception tracking and profiling functionality for PHP applications and is used by over 350 customers worldwide.
Tideways is a new (2,5 years old) self-funded company, growing fast from customer revenue alone. Our team is currently 2 full- and 2 part-time employees strong and our goal is to build a sustainable, transparent, long-term business with a calm working environment with a focus on achieving technical excellence through life-long learning and training.
How We Work
We are headquartered in Bonn, Germany. You are free to choose working from the office if you prefer quiet, small rooms with 2 persons max or from a remote location near Bonn/Cologne/Koblenz that allows you to travel to the office a few times every month for in person pair programming, project planning, on the job training and watercooler talk. Work items are mostly discussed asynchronously on our company Basecamp and Github organizations.
All our team members have the flexibility to choose their own working hours throughout the day to incorporate this job into their life. Our work week has 40 hours maximum and overtime is the absolute exception. No vacation days are necessary to run errands, and there is certainly no need to wait until after work to take care of a family emergency.
Our pay aims to be in the top 25% for your role and experience compared to other startups and small businesses, based on a career-ladder that we designed and matched with industry-wide salary data that we get from a third-party aggregator.
Other benefits include:
- VRS Jobticket and Bahncard 50 (public transportation tickets)
- 43 days of paid vacation, including 13 fixed days in summer where we take every Friday off (summer hours).
- we pay for the daycare bill of your kids (up to a limit)
- we will fund your Betriebliche Altersvorsorge (company pension)
- learning budget (conferences, books, workshops, video-trainings)
- remote work or quiet office with 2 people per room maximum
- free water, coffee and tea
- new laptop (Lenovo or MacBook Pro) every 3 years
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.