Another year draws to a close and more than usual, the end of the year is the time to be thankful.
We want to thank all our customers, partners, colleagues, family and friends and wish you a merry Christmas, great holidays and a successful “slide into the new year” as is German custom.
This year has been hard for many people in our world with the ongoing COVID pandemic, wars and natural disasters. Therefore, we decided to donate to charitable organizations instead of writing greeting cards and really hope that catches everyone’s holiday spirit.
As in previous years, every Tideways employee could chose their own purpose and so we donated 500 € each for
- Fistula e.V.: This charitable organization stands up for women’s health in developing countries. They support projects and organizations in Uganda and Ethiopia that care for prevention, treatment and re-integration of women with birth-injuries.
- Kältehilfe Berlin helps homeless people in Berlin who are threatened by cold or hot weather with food and a bed to sleep in.
- Lebenshilfe Bonn supports citizens with disabilities by providing housing, education and care.
- Robin Good is a family fund in Bonn supporting kids and their families that are living in poverty. They provide financial help to pay for school trips, schoolbags or for other emergencies.
- UNICEF supports the worldwide COVAX campaign to provide COVID-19 vaccination to people everywhere in the world.
- UNO Flüchtlingshilfe (UN Refugee Agency) helps to protect refugees from harm and supports them to find a better future for themselves. Their focus this year are refugees from Afghanistan, Ethiopia and Bangladesh.
- ZeSaBo: The charitable Central Warehouse for Donations in Bonn (ZeSaBo) accepts donations and makes them available free of charge to private and institutional customers who care for people in need.
Photo by Myriam Zilles on Unsplash